Lupo rear drop plates.

danno

10mm steel drop plates I bought but have not fitted. They have been fitted previously to a Lupo rear axle and lower approximately 65mm without compromising axle geometry. I’m told they will fit many other Volkswagens up to mk3 golf, polo models, corrado, early scirocco and early Passat. Hardware is included. Brake lines may require work or adjustment.

Ta.

38324DAE-D774-44B0-8074-76A5BF4FAF66.jpeg

E4A8DF12-929F-4680-A6FE-67604DDD1B98.jpeg

You can leave your suspension standard. These bolt to the end of the rear beam and essentially lift up the position of the rear wheels further into the arch. So they raise the drum/disc position/by about 65mm so while height is affected, you still have the comfort of standard suspension and it keeps your wheels dead centre whereas coilovers bring them toward to front of the rear arch.

Gotcha. So you simply move the bolt-on hubs up. I get why you'd need to sort the handbrake cable and brake pipes... They must be pretty thick plates; like what, 20mm? I guess the rear track moves out a tiny bit, like 20mm each side then. Interesting way of doing it.

And to lower the front, just run a new set of mk1 polo/derby springs... None of that silly dual rate springs stuff that are as noisy as I dunno what, as the coils keep slapping. OEM ride quality and low.

A poverty way of doing lowering! :)