Vogtland Coilovers

dirk1978

Afraid its trial and error  -

Before you start, on a level surface measure rim to top of arch so you know where you were.

Build up the struts, ideally with new top mounts, coat all the threads in some form of protection - I like PTFE spray grease, its good as it repels water and is not sticky. 

Set a height of spring perch the same on each side - but don't lock it with the grub screw just yet.

to help keep your alignment  - before tearing in measure angle of front wheel camber - iphone has an angle measure + with wheel off photo hub pinch bolt locations 

Install, take for a very short drive to settle the suspension, measure new height and then adjust and lastly lock the grub screw, to seal the thread use thread lock on the grub screws.

• Like 1

And now I'm even more confused. Apparently there's a bearing too?

These are the new struts. Can anyone tell me exactly what I'll need to get so I don't have to disassemble the old struts? Bush, bearing and nut?

Or just get the bush and use the old bearing and nut?

IMG_20200616_105814.thumb.jpg.ced86b59647ff96f5341a017203ccd24.jpg

Mounts, bearing and nut.

I'd suggest whipping the old struts off and just using a windy fun and your foot to disassemble, screw using spring compressors.