Noises

LupoTDI1.2

Is it when you lift the clutch up or do you have the clutch down then select the gear ive never heard mine do anything like that you can adjust the clutch under the hood if so maybe a sign of your clutch on its way out 

Yeah the 1.2 auto-manual gearbox is different. The hydraulic systems that do the gear changes do make a different noise, but should be almost silent (below the engine noise). @RAB will know the answer.

• 2 weeks later...

If you make a manual gear change with the ignition on, engine off with foot on brake, you will hear it. With the engine running, you shouldn't hear it. When was the last basic setting done? With an assistant, you should be able to locate the source of the noise (engine off).

RAB

19 hours ago, RAB said:

Have you managed to trace the location of the noise? I very much doubt that it would be the actuators. Maybe what you're hearing is normal.

RAB

I will check it later.

By the way the seal that sits on gear selector shaft can I change it without oil draining? 

4 hours ago, LupoTDI1.2 said:

I will check it later.

By the way the seal that sits on gear selector shaft can I change it without oil draining? 

Are you changing it in situ? It's surely easier to remove the actuator. If changing it in situ, disconnect the hydraulic control module electrically, and unscrew the accumulator half a turn; that depressurises the system.

RAB

3 hours ago, RAB said:

Are you changing it in situ? It's surely easier to remove the actuator. If changing it in situ, disconnect the hydraulic control module electrically, and unscrew the accumulator half a turn; that depressurises the system.

RAB

Its already taken apart. I mean the gearbox seal

On 6/24/2020 at 9:49 AM, RAB said:

If the seal is below the plug for determining oil level in the gearbox, you will need to drain the oil. It probably needs in anyway.

RAB

I was abit stupid , I changed the gearbox oil a few weeks before. It was a pain in the ass to remove the seal today.

But need to refill 5dl.  it should be Vags 75W90 GL-4+  
Can I use  API GL-5 LS ?  I dont wanna spend that much at Vag again.