What’s this under my TDi?

All I really need to do is reattach it properly, but once I noticed this was loose under the offside of our TDi I wondered what it is.

9527C80D-83BD-4FBD-B25A-C130F9CD35E9.jpeg

Edited by Loop_de_Lupo
Auto corrupt issues
  • Like 1

fuel return to tank cooler. The pump squishes the fuel a lot and it gets hot. so before chucking any unused fuel back in the tank, they cool it. After a blast in rainy weather you can get steam rising up from under the car as you open the door. Wierd...

15 hours ago, Rich said:

Time to make a bracket for that or buy a spare from me but if that is flapping about it's a disaster waiting to happen there 

Fire and brimstone etc. doesn’t sound good, so buying a spare sounds like a plan. How much am I looking at?

I had the same problem and the nut was seized on. This lead to the threaded insert failing. Cue a hammer and knocking it up into the car. If you lift the carpet, you can simply use a screw through the hole and a large diameter washer or some suitably sized piece of metal to clamp the cooler back in place.

23 hours ago, Rich said:

I'll do it for £15 posted 

But yes, a washer or a flat piece of metal with a hole in?

Being a Yorkshireman, I’m careful with my brass so I might try a washer first. If I can’t sort it that way I’ll drop you a message about a bracket.

• 6 months later...

Having hardly moved the Lupo for months thanks to no commuting for either of us, I realsied that I never replied to everyne who offered advice.

I took the cheap route and used a largish repair washer after I'd taken the original nut off. Job done in under five minutes.

Edited by Loop_de_Lupo