Kill switch

BioTriffid

Hi guys 

Im thinking about putting a kill switch in the car so if it was ever to be stolen or anything it cant start where would be the best place to hide a switch or fit something that emobilizes the car when im not driving it 

Any advice would be grate thanks. 

Lupo keys are so difficult to copy, I wouldn't worry about it. Lock the car and hide your keys under your bed at night. Sure they'll be able to break in, but not drive it away. If you do put a switch in, put it in line with the fuel pump or power bus B relay signal (ECU power) to allow people to try and start it, but not get very far :)

• Thanks 1

On 6/2/2020 at 7:52 AM, mk2 said:

Lupo keys are so difficult to copy, I wouldn't worry about it. Lock the car and hide your keys under your bed at night. Sure they'll be able to break in, but not drive it away. If you do put a switch in, put it in line with the fuel pump or power bus B relay signal (ECU power) to allow people to try and start it, but not get very far :)

As mk2 said, this is probably the best way, i did this with my classic mini (probably a little more involved on the lupo)

But put your switch somewhere hidden but also not a pain in the arse for you to get to when sitting in the car.

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys ill have a look at fitting one soon since i don't trust it on my street since i overheard some people talking about it made me and my partner a bit concerned for it even though its parked outside my bedroom window every night 

Get a visible deterrent so they don't drill your lock out or smash your glass only to find they can't start it.

Disclock is thatcham category 3. I've had one on all of my cars for the last 20 years. 

Fit a snap off steering wheel boss, removing the steering wheel at night would be a good deterrent.

• Thanks 1

Bypass the connection in fuse number 28 :D This is a mini 5A.  Mine blew the other day and the ECU lost connection with the immobiliser because of the blown fuse.  Even with the right key it wouldn't start (or allow me to view the ECU through diagnostics) until I replaced the fuse.

• Thanks 1