Parking lights not going off

Matt-Mk2

can you make the other side go on? does the drivers side switch off? do the indicators work as normal? do you have an after market remote central locking thing, which activates the indicator lights?

Edited by mk2

On 4/26/2020 at 8:43 PM, mk2 said:

can you make the other side go on? does the drivers side switch off? do the indicators work as normal? do you have an after market remote central locking thing, which activates the indicator lights?

Drivers side goes off when changing over to the passangers side,  but rear light on drivers side stays on

indicators working fine,

standard immo and RCL

thought the initial problem was down to the led bulbs i put in the side lights,

rear drivers parking light still on ,

took the bulb out, and changed it to see if it made a difference - no change,

driving me potty lol

I'm curious to know if that fixes it. Never ever heard of any vdub (seat) ever doing that. Indicator related failures- loads. Never a light switch that keeps one side of the car's sidelights on. Plain wierd.

On 5/5/2020 at 11:18 PM, mk2 said:

I'm curious to know if that fixes it. Never ever heard of any vdub (seat) ever doing that. Indicator related failures- loads. Never a light switch that keeps one side of the car's sidelights on. Plain wierd.

New switch solved the problem , stripped down the old one and a few of the resistor literally fell off 

Hmm. A 620 ohm resistor... I think that is there just to dimly power the led lamp inside the switch.

Pleased you have sorted it anyway. If the same problem ever turns up ever again, we know how to deal with it now :)

LOL! Yeah. Been there done that... Especially engine looms.

But is is surprising easy to pull out a vdub light switch when you know how (push the switch in and turn to the centre, then just pull it straight out). Handy if you need a low power 12V feed to power something like a dash cam, only when the ignition is on- and you can feed the wire straight up the A pillar with minimal effort from there :)