Great utility car

dirk1978

2 hours ago, Tallika_Fan said:

That looks ace. So with one of the slim boxes two bikes would fit I think. 

Interesting!

Yeah it definitely would. These bars are Thule 961 so probably a bit wider than would be normally specced for the lupo and with a slimmer box 2 bikes would definitely fit. I think max roof weight is 50KG so 2 lower weight road bikes = 15KG, box, bars and bike holders probably ~10KG so you'd have around 25KG to put in the box. Enough for 2 people to go camping with and other stuff can go in the boot.

21 hours ago, dirk1978 said:

Yeah it definitely would. These bars are Thule 961 so probably a bit wider than would be normally specced for the lupo and with a slimmer box 2 bikes would definitely fit. I think max roof weight is 50KG so 2 lower weight road bikes = 15KG, box, bars and bike holders probably ~10KG so you'd have around 25KG to put in the box. Enough for 2 people to go camping with and other stuff can go in the boot.

Me and a buddy go camping for MTB events and even though I have an E91 BMW which is plenty big enough. I miss camping in my old lupo sport. Removed the back seats completely and used the whole boot area and it was plenty big enough. Granted the tent was much smaller back then!

Would love to get another lupo one day. Might even upgrade to a GTi. 

Edit*

As for the weight I guess the box would be handy for lighter bulkier items. All in due time. 

Edited by Tallika_Fan

1 hour ago, weslangdon said:

Sadly with a centre exhaust you cant fit a towbar, which rules out a little caravan, couldn't find a Loop or a Rosa but the Fiat 500 has exactly the same dimensions 

Not a Lupo.jpg

This is true. Especially for the GTi. I recall someone years ago towing a caravan similar to this one, I'm thinking a TDI, I'll dig out a picture sometime. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...