Help, my first lupo

caitmorse

Hello everyone:) i’m considering buying my first lupo as i really love the cars but i’m quite new to the driving scene and just wondered if anyone could help. I’m from england and have seen a lupo but it said that the clutch pedal holder is broken? could anyone explain what that means and any estimates on how much it would be to replace without cost of work? thank you:)

29 minutes ago, caitmorse said:

Hello everyone:) i’m considering buying my first lupo as i really love the cars but i’m quite new to the driving scene and just wondered if anyone could help. I’m from england and have seen a lupo but it said that the clutch pedal holder is broken? could anyone explain what that means and any estimates on how much it would be to replace without cost of work? thank you:)

If it's the pedal box, it can be a pricey repair. If you have friends or family that are mechanics it's not the most difficult job. Usually the welding on the pedal box snaps and it's a case of rewelding it or replacing it. I would guess if you were going to an independant garage it would easily be £150 to repair, maybe £200-250 to replace. 

Note though that if the car is far away it may not be driveable.

2 hours ago, Stephenmacleod said:

If it's the pedal box, it can be a pricey repair. If you have friends or family that are mechanics it's not the most difficult job. Usually the welding on the pedal box snaps and it's a case of rewelding it or replacing it. I would guess if you were going to an independant garage it would easily be £150 to repair, maybe £200-250 to replace. 

Note though that if the car is far away it may not be driveable.

Hello, thank you for helping, it’s a garage and they said they’d deliver it as it needs to be fixed before driving but thank you so much 

The TDi and GTI models have hydraulic clutches which are much kinder to the pedal box and generally don't break, they are also the best models to buy, so if you haven't bought it seek one of those out. [some will argue for the SDI or the 100bhp 1.4 16v but they are wrong]