Brake compensator?! Lowered SDI

Dizzy_PD

Hi all,

So I've been reading things (yeh I know), I'm just in the process of renewing all my brakes and lowering the sdi on coilovers. I've read some things (on here) that if you lower then the rears could lock on braking due to them overcompensating for increased load on the rear..? 

I've never heard this before but my car doesn't have ABS.

Has anyone had to adjust their brake bias to counteract this? If so how? Or is this all a load of BS?

I wouldn't normally be bothered but I don't play with brakes!

Cheers 

Brake compensator is there to stop the rear wheels locking - in brake situation weight shifts to the front making it easier to lock up the rear wheels - the valve reduces the braking force to the rear brakes. mechanical valve, activated by how high the body lifting changing the angle of the beam

I suspect the issue is if you drop the suspension without adjusting (I assume there is adjustment) to the angle the valve activates it may not respond as it thinks it is loaded, you end up with full braking force going to rear wheels - possibly locking them up as though you were doing a hand brake turn

Yeah, exactly what @LR5V said. 

Also, before you lower, look exactly how the compensator is adjusted- measure/take pics etc. Then once lowered, setup the compensator so it's in exactly the same position. Precisely. Then the car's safety won't be compromised.

Edited by mk2