Electric Window Motor spares unavailable?

Hi

Newbie and non practical person here so apologies if this is a silly question. I've tried searching to find an answer.

The electric drivers window on my 2004 Petrol Lupo Sport hasn't worked for quite a while now. My friend who is far more practical than me has taken a look and advised me to get a new motor and he'll fit it for me.
However searching online I can't find a motor for it anywhere, all I can find are window regulator kits without motors. Am I missing something, or searching for the wrong thing, or is there a reason you can't but a replacement electric motor?

Thanks in advance
James.

Welcome -

Not experienced this myself, but usually the switch is the weak link -has your friend checked it is working? 

if it is the motor - look for similar age Polo one. While you are in there a new cable and the plastic clips is a good idea

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Yes he's checked the switch by swapping over drivers and passenger sides and the passenger side works whichever switch it's attached to.

There's a click in the door as if the motor is trying to work, I don't know if that means anything.

Thanks for the tip - will look up Polo window motors.