Hello new to the forum

GAME

So this is my missus car that I brought her to learn to drive in in fact i swapped it for a set of Mercedes amg wheels i had for my mk4 golf but didn't like the look of them on the car . So it started out as you see in the first 2 pictures and I spent a bit of time and money on it for her so she had something respectable to drive around in . We brought it at the end of 2018 December till for her Christmas present and by edition 38 2019 it look like the last few pictures.  Just thought I'd say hello and show you all her car to see what you all think . There are few more bits I want to do to it for ie stainless centre exit , black glitter roof , 6n2 glovebox , arosa centre dash vents oh and were having GTI clocks put it in 2 weeks times . Thanks for looking . Dave 

20180908_134227.jpg

20180908_134242.jpg

20190827_213534.jpg

20190827_213230.jpg

IMG-20190413-WA0003.jpeg

IMG-20190413-WA0030.jpeg

5 hours ago, weslangdon said:

Might save in the long run by just buying a GTI, you might find you have spent as much doing the mods to a 1 litre as you could have spent on the real thing, nice though.😀

Yes your right I could have brought a GTI but it's my missus first car so insurance is not cheap as it is . It's not a 1 litre it's a 1.4.16v 75bhp . Tbh honest mate as long as she is happy with it money dont really matter bud . She likes its and had he input into the mods so happy days in my eyes   thanks for saying it's nice tho and for the input all appreciated.  Dave 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mk2 said:

Very nice. What bumpers are they?

The front lights look different somehow, but i can't identify what exactly....

You urgently need some floor mats!

Thanks bud . The bumpers are standard bumpers just had them fully colour coded as for the front lights I split the headlights and joeyed them ie painted them black inside I also but a little red VW badge from a mk4 golf key on the bulb covers just for fun really . Lol yes we have mats in it now make a big difference.  Here is a picture of the lights back together and standard bumpers just colour coded as I said . Thanks for the input . Dave 

20181109_180141.jpg

20181109_180159.jpg

IMG-20181109-WA0003.jpeg

Nicely done. You've done a really professional job on them. Superb.

How did you split the indicators apart? They are a right pain.... The centre covers are held by little plastic bits that snap clean off. And the reflective silvering on the inside just blows away when you think about looking at them!

Tbh with the headlights split easy so easy just put them in the oven for 5 minutes the indicators were a whole other story but I did them the same way but I ran a Stanley blade around the edge a few time but put them back in the oven ever time till the split took some time put was worth it I think . Ye the silver **** is crap as you say I just sanded it away in the indicators just leaving the rear reflector bit there and painted them black by hand and the headlights once you have them apart the front lip part is separate to the rear reflector so it becomes 3 pieces . Your right about the centre covers so I hard touched them I literally dropped the badge on with tweezers then just tapped it with my thumb to make just it was stuck down but I also put a damp of super glue on the back of the badge and left it over night to dry before I put them all back together.  Thanks. Dave

IMG-20181013-WA0012.jpeg

IMG-20181013-WA0018.jpeg

10 hours ago, Pat33 said:

Love the car! 
just a quick question does anyone know the size of the bulb that’s under the main headlight? 

Thanks mate . No idea on bulb size I just ordered led side light bulbs of Ebay to be honest with you 

8 minutes ago, Mattymdm said:

What wheels are they?

The wheels are tsw hockenheim r.  There early 90s wheels if I remember right .