Saw a Tornado Red Gti today

LR5V

Being driven by a lady in her 60-70's

It was a great sight to see, it was a bit rough, but not much wrong - I was tempted to go say don't get rid, going up in value and that they are pretty rare... but in these weird times it didn't seem right.

She may have had it from new.... :)

I haven't seen a gti locally here in corona virus central (reading) for years.... rare as now.

Edited by mk2

I became aware of lupos about 2005. Loads were about but never really noticed them. One turned up in the lab where we were working on developing a twin supercharged 3.6 fsi engine. It was nitro yellow green (or fantasia is it?), stripped out and race ready. We were asked to map it and that's it. I thought, what a cute little car. Only a some years later did I seek out a diesel Lupo as an occasional spare car. Got a few now.... oh dear.

On 3/21/2020 at 10:20 PM, mk2 said:

I became aware of lupos about 2005. Loads were about but never really noticed them. One turned up in the lab where we were working on developing a twin supercharged 3.6 fsi engine. It was nitro yellow green (or fantasia is it?), stripped out and race ready. We were asked to map it and that's it. I thought, what a cute little car. Only a some years later did I seek out a diesel Lupo as an occasional spare car. Got a few now.... oh dear.

That's how it starts 

On 3/21/2020 at 6:19 PM, LR5V said:

Being driven by a lady in her 60-70's

It was a great sight to see, it was a bit rough, but not much wrong - I was tempted to go say don't get rid, going up in value and that they are pretty rare... but in these weird times it didn't seem right.

Whereabouts did you see this? I know of a Tornado GTI driven by a older lady in South Oxfordshire, if its the same one then I believe she's had it for at least 10+ years.