Fresco Green Lupo - I bought one!

Ray Singh

55 minutes ago, Ray Singh said:

That looks really nice. Ours must be the basic of basic SE spec cars as it has manual windows, no a/c and no pollen filter.....

Thanks. Was very pleased to find one with most of the options and an auto too. Think it might have been a dealers demo car.

2 hours ago, SimonJ65 said:

The leather seats I put in are also heated but thanks for the offer.

Can you post up some pictures of the rear speaker panels?

I'll snap some pics tonight.

Send me a number for WhatsApp and it makes life easier.

A MASSIVE thanks to @Rich for sending through the housing for the cabin pollen filter. My daughter was very excited to fit this to her base spec 1.4 16v SE. "Thank you sir". 

We got this done in 30 mins (we prefer slow and steady) in between torrential rain showers, high gusts of wind etc. 

Some pictures for you....

20200523_113858.thumb.jpg.45672d25d61c54bedde53f3cb6683ab6.jpg

The nasty area a pollen filter should be. I cant believe that a pollen filter was an option? Almost like saying a windscreen is an option......

20200523_114312.thumb.jpg.cba58021d5314a0993e6415d6ea64fcc.jpg

17 year old daughter learning her way around the car. 

20200523_115749.thumb.jpg.a218be0aaf3e09aa80c7eb8685398aa6.jpg

The horrible old unit out and the base of the new part going in.

20200523_120211.thumb.jpg.4ec3b356ebb8b146ba44fbd22da85c8c.jpg

The new unit it and ready for action. The cabin will now be allergy free bliss!!

@Rich - I have Pm'd you. Please let me know and I can get over some ££ or beer money. 

I forgot to ask a question - when the blower is on speed 2,3 and 4 there is a rattling of debris, leaves etc coming from the screen vents and the interior centre vent. What is the best way to clear this out?

No easy way... You may need to pull out the blower motor and get in there with a vacuum cleaner. You could have a look if you can see anything via the pollen filter holder (removed first).

If the bits are downwind of the heater matrix and are already in the ducts, you might be able to blow them back down into the foot vents and then out with the blower motor. Careful use of the air direction control will help :) Try a cold hair dryer first. Then compressed air if no luck.

• Like 1

Another update - we are on a roll.

The indicator panel was damaged on the passenger side. You can see the damage in this photo:

Lupo.jpg

We removed the panel and pulled the front bumper away slightly to help.

We are missing one of the locating pins that connect the panel to the wing. Any idea where i can get one of these? I also was gutted to see that the tabs on the bottom of the new panel we have sprayed to match the car are broken, so it sits all wrong.

Any help much appreciated. 

Edited by Ray Singh

Yeah, what @Rich said. I find the trick is to use a hot air gun (hair dryer) on the wing where the two clips are. Then when very warm (not paint blistering hot), spray some silicone oil into the seam, to try and get it to penetrate into the two clips. Then it simply pulls/pops apart.

In the past I used to keep breaking the things, as I don't think that it's possible to separate the front panel from the wing without divine intervention... Not the best design.

There's a 1L in A1 breakers in Winnersh area. I think it's been pretty much stripped given how scarce Lupos are down here, but the wings were still on, so the clips might be still there. I don't have a single one that's not on a car. I think I've seen them on ebay for a few quid. Might be worth a bit of research time...?

• Like 1

Thanks @mk2 will give them a go as soon as lockdown ends.

My daughther and I gave the indicator panel a go yesterday or the day before (lockdown days all look the same!).

20200526_135928.thumb.jpg.8a1e086e6656fee0962c1a67ef7613cb.jpg

The damage can be seen on the right hand side.....

20200526_140240.thumb.jpg.ab5b668230c944bd648700ed61878dc1.jpg20200526_140444.thumb.jpg.1e56b9fa539d2233b2bd25a701004761.jpg

After testing all our skills in sanding, filling, painting and laquering a black indicator panel and then building broken the support brackets from plastic, glue and nuts/bolts this morning we have:20200529_105714.thumb.jpg.8ef279bb1ba7d6c2872e0f2b7aced03c.jpg

Its still not 100%, but once the local breakers yeard opens up, i will find the parts i need. It does look better though!

20200529_105721.thumb.jpg.b0ab7ca003816a8887e5534a7b8b1bbc.jpg

All credit to my daughter who has learnt the fine art of painting and sanding....

Edited by Ray Singh
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So today we got ready to fit a set of pop out rear windows to the car. I thought it best that we check and then double check prior to fitting.

It was only then we noticed that the pop out windows i bought from Facebook are not tinted and the other glass on the car is 0.2 tinted.

Does anyone have a set of pop out windows tinted in 0.2 please?

• 4 weeks later...

I want to replace the cam belt and water pump as the car has no history of these being replaced. Can anyone point me in the direction of any tutorials that show how to do this or any instructions please....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yet another problem.....

So the boot open warning light came on the dash and just doesnt disapear - i beleive that I have worked out why and can correct this with some swithc cleaner and some time.

However, we also noticed that the car has rear wash wipe. We gave this a go and the wiper moves, but no water comes out. On closer insepction, water runs out of the sill on the passenger side of the car! A tiny amount of water comes out of the nozzle and after taking the plastic inner panel off the car, we noted that the water also comes out of the back of the motor. Any ideas what is going wrong here?

Any advice to help resolve the issue would be much appreciated.

Ray

Pretty common this. The loom for the boot attaches on the passenger side behind the plastic trim that surrounds the rear seats latch, just above the wheel arch. The connector for the rear wiper likes to disconnect there and spray the water all over the place. Best place to start looking!