Seat Arosa 1.0 Low Idle Causing Misfire

ITz_J3Rr

I have a 54 plate 1.0MPI Seat Arosa and it has a very low idle setting of around 600 ish which is causing a random cylinder misfire (according to VCDS LITE). It is quite lumpy because of this which I'm guessing is the misfire. When I hold the revs at around 900-950 it really smooths out and the error code does not appear again until i let it idle again. 

I have changed coil pack, leads, spark plugs and also cleaned throttle body with carb cleaner and made sure all pipes are securely attached. I have looked everywhere but can't find a suitable fix. This is my first car and, to be honest, I haven't got a lot to spend on it due to needing it to get a job in the first place. 

If anyone has any suggestions, I will be more than happy. 

Thanks, 

Joe. 

• 2 weeks later...

Have you tried blocking off the vacuum hose to the brakes? Air could be getting in...

Does it have a Lambda sensor? If yes, use VCDS to get a reading at idle to see if it's running too lean or rich. Once you know, then it's a case of figuring out what's going on.

Doubt it's ignition. Most likely a fuel mix problem. My guess is too lean. Lots of air getting in. Ah, unless there's an air idle valve in your model that's stuck and it's too rich. Is your's drive by wire or cable throttle?

• 1 month later...
On 3/23/2020 at 6:50 PM, mk2 said:

Have you tried blocking off the vacuum hose to the brakes? Air could be getting in...

Does it have a Lambda sensor? If yes, use VCDS to get a reading at idle to see if it's running too lean or rich. Once you know, then it's a case of figuring out what's going on.

Doubt it's ignition. Most likely a fuel mix problem. My guess is too lean. Lots of air getting in. Ah, unless there's an air idle valve in your model that's stuck and it's too rich. Is your's drive by wire or cable throttle?

Sorry for the delayed reply, had other things to worry about during this lockdown. I am going to have another crack at the Arosa.

The car is drive by wire. Using VCDS, how do you read the lambda sensor? I'm quite new to the software.

I took brake vacuum pipe off, I'm not the best mechanic but it shouldn't let me blow air through both ways easily right?