Lupo racer

weslangdon

The Cup cars dont have VIN numbers afaik (well the one i was interested in a few years back didnt anyway and that sold for about £2.5k with spare engines and wheels) so they will just be track toys or go in a museum if they have good history. The one here is just being converted to 1.8T. Way over price, as is the white one for 16k.

Actually... this is the one listed in the classifieds recently, even the one picture in the listing is the same  in this thread:

Seem to recall they were looking for £4.5k,

Read the ebay listing, they have grabbed it, done nothing and are now just flipping it over.

I don't think they'll get the kinda money they're asking as that category has been disbanded I think? More of a museum relic now rather than a full spec car. There aren't enough similar cars about now to fit the class to form a full race of at least 24 cars...

Thats the one i was interested in, it sold for around £2k, then got flipped at twice the price minus the extra engines and wheels (the link above ) and now is being flipped on again for twice that. Ridiculous.

On 3/4/2020 at 8:40 AM, mk2 said:

I wonder what @cj1 thinks.... He races lupos, so knows all the inside goss.

Personally, I think the price is far too high. 

For 10k you could build one yourself to exactly how you want it, and also keep it legal to go on the road. This is going to end up sat in a garage somewhere collecting dust... 

They bought the car from us, at about 2.5k, it still came with all the parts/engines etc and a few spare panels we had sourced. A lot of the stuff it was with was just scrap. The shell is decent and 100% an original cup car, it was set up for (and had run) last a 1.8T engine.

We had done a lot of research into its history and passed that on to them. But it did need a lot of work, everything was very crudely done, self tappers and cable ties galore and a poor repaint. But it had all the right cup car bits. I don't know what else they have done to it, but its not a 10k car, unless they got it rolling/running.

On 3/3/2020 at 7:14 PM, mk2 said:

That car is just down the road from @Rich... Go on, investigate for us. Lots of pics please.

I flipped my Micra outside their gaff when I was 19.

I avoid that road.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rich said:

Ha, my date of birth actually on my profile.

Haha no way Rich, you are 4 years younger than me and we share a birthday!

• 3 weeks later...