Creaking clutch cable

miodek89

Hello.
In December I installed a complete Sachs clutch. Because everything is beautiful, the clutch pedal went softly.

Unfortunately, recently as the engine heats up when you press the clutch you can hear creaking. This is quite annoying. Is the clutch damaged? The wife also drives the car and maybe sometimes she burned the clutch ...

Is the clutch cable to be replaced, for example? Or maybe somewhere you can lubricate it?

Please forgive for my English :)

if it is only when hot then probably clutch side of things, but the pedal box is weak on these so if the pedal is sitting lower than normal look for cracked pedal box. Get someone to press the pedal while you listen to see if it is in the car or on gearbox end.

Unhook cable from clutch arm and see if it moves in the cable outer smoothly without snagging (and also when hot).

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I also welcome everyone to the forum; )

I disconnected the cable from the gearbox paw and it doesn't feel resistance when I move it, so it's probably ok.

Today I have a rainy day at home and there was no creaking but unfortunately the runs are hard to come up ... And it never was.

So maybe start by replacing the clutch cable?

Buy a simple clutch or self-adjusting cable?

It might be a crack in the pedal box, under the steering.

When all the pedals are up, are the brake and clutch exactly the same height? If the clutch is 'slightly' lower, the pedal box is starting to break... read the pedal box thread. Lots of information :)

https://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?/topic/33400-the-definitive-pedal-box-thread/

Thank you for your reply.  I will check tomorrow because my wife went to work by car.  But I think he'll give pedals at the same height.  In general, I forgot to write that one day I buried myself.  I had to smash the car in half and the clutch burned a little, because you could feel it inside the car.  And from that moment the link started to shoot.  Later it passed but it started to creak from time to time.  And today there is a problem with running.  Do you recommend a regular or self-regulating cable?

https://images.app.goo.gl/xptMp3ZS1eZxXuhN6

Today, the mechanic replaced a clutch cable without a self-adjuster. Gears go well, but the clutch pedal quite hard to push. But it doesn't creak.
Do you have to accept it or buy a new self-regulating cable?

Any of you know how to set the height of the clutch correctly?

I wrote a post up about this a couple months ago, and didn't really get to the bottom of the same issue as what you sound like you're having. 

We have looked at the pedal box as much as possible with visually looking, HDR Camera photos taken and checked and we had a bore scope around the back where the naked eye and camera cant see and we don't see any cracks, hairlines or anyhting of that nature. My creak is sometimes there and sometimes not. It comes and goes and ive jsut come to the line of thought that ill continue to drive it until something gives, but all the pedals are the same height, the clutch pedal returns like normal, and opperates like normal. Ill cross the bridge of repairing / replacing the pedal box should it ever come to that or break it down for parts.

The pedal and clutch are linked. If it's too tight, the pedal will be lower... and cause damage. That nut in the pic is just an adjusting nut. It's not self adjusting- you have to adjust it yourself until it feels ok.

The long plastic bit is to adjust the length of the outer, if there is insufficient outer length, or as a flange mounting. There is a spring in there to act as a slop take-up as the clutch wears. The smaller bits are flange mounts.

Some clutch cables have a small spring on the clutch lever end to take up any play. I don't think I've ever seen a cable with "automatic adjustment". Hydraulic clutches are much better, as the wear is taken up by simply adding fluid to the system, so the clutch always feels the same from new to destruction.