Hi from a long term lurker

VikkiC

Been browsing the forums since I bought my GTI back in May and thought it was long overdue that I join and say hi!

Proud owner of a Reflex silver GTI (53 plate) previously owned by forum member "grumpy" bought it back from Wales to Essex and its now being serviced by the garage it was originally registered by so it's come "home".  Always wanted a Lupo GTI since I first passed my driving test but ended up in a string of other dubs before getting here (MK2 Golf GTI 16v, MK4 polo GTI, MK4 Golf R32)

Was completely standard but didn't feel like the suspension was up to the standard of the rest of the car so put it on KW v1's in November. Very happy and have now got the modifying bug. Next purchase will be Exhaust system and have my eye on the Kam Racing manifold and grams exhaust system but am trying to decide on silenced or un-silenced. Anyone know if they office a club discount? plus rear spacers to push the wheels out now its lowered (hoping this wont affect handing too much?)

Looking forward to browsing on here for tips, tricks and inspiration as a member!

Vikki

IMG_20191006_091524_2.jpg

IMG_20190513_091957286.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome

Mine came fitted with KAM manifold and non-resonated exhaust, so I can't compare it to standard - the PO said it was too loud and had a silencer added - I have to say its plenty loud enough in its current state, when up in the high revs its quite musical.  They used to be on here - and think they used to offer discount, best to pick up the phone and see - I spoke to them once, they seemed sentimental about the Lupo, so you may be lucky.

Spacers - they widen the track and make the car feel more planted, hub centric are what you need. Look online for guides, they should walk you through your choices  - Take care that you have enough bolt in your hub, the more expensive ones bolt onto the hub and you use your existing bolts, but this means quite a wide spacer. It may take a few goes to get the correct size that suits for looks and doesn't rub

On 2/24/2020 at 6:08 PM, LR5V said:

Welcome

Mine came fitted with KAM manifold and non-resonated exhaust, so I can't compare it to standard - the PO said it was too loud and had a silencer added - I have to say its plenty loud enough in its current state, when up in the high revs its quite musical.  They used to be on here - and think they used to offer discount, best to pick up the phone and see - I spoke to them once, they seemed sentimental about the Lupo, so you may be lucky.

Spacers - they widen the track and make the car feel more planted, hub centric are what you need. Look online for guides, they should walk you through your choices  - Take care that you have enough bolt in your hub, the more expensive ones bolt onto the hub and you use your existing bolts, but this means quite a wide spacer. It may take a few goes to get the correct size that suits for looks and doesn't rub

Came across a post you made where you said yours has a 100cell cat, do you have the centre silencer or just the rear one? Do you think the centre one will make much difference either way? sadly I'm no spring chicken anymore and am worried about it sounding too boy racer without the centre box. If it's going to be loud I want a nice note not just alot of noise 🤔

Thinking about it again -afraid its been a while - I assume that PO had the 4-1 decat pipe, found it too loud so had a 100 cell cat added -but looking at the picture below of mine dropped, the cat looks very similar to KAM one:

QZiem6.jpg

I would go for the 200 cell sports cat 4-1 down pipe and the quieter system for the back box.

• Like 1