New owner of 1.7 sdi

C3peteo

Hi, bought my Lupo last Friday to commute in. I chose the sdi as there is no turbo to go wrong.

It's only done 172k. It's had a new, gearbox/clutch/flywheel/pedal box in the last two years.

Bought some front pads and discs and brake fluid as the current front brakes aren't very good. Got oil and a filter to do also.  It's needs lowering badly as it swallows around corners.

I should have a gti interior arriving tomorrow which will need a goo clean before I fit it. On Saturday I'll pick up a black headlining with sun visors and grab handles. 

I'm tips on what decent steering wheels fit the lupo as I have the boggo thin plastic one.

The paint work is kind of pale like green and the wheels are standard 13 inch steels.

7 hours ago, Sausage said:

Nice one. There was a pale green SDI for sale in Bristol, i'm guessing it is that one.

That's the one I bought. Had some gti seats arrive today which have just been wet vac'd. They'll need another going over as the water coming out of them was still dirty after the first pass.

9 hours ago, C3peteo said:

Is there a how to guide?

I've taken the pics but still haven't got around to doing the how to....!

in the meantime, simply pull off the vacuum hoses and bung them so nothing gets sucked in. One on the egr valve, the other on the choke flap. That'll ensure your engine gets as much fresh air as poss. Then just the oil breather pipe- add a divertor pipe to the road and plug the plenum inlet.

• 4 months later...