Drivers side door handle doesn’t open the door

_LM46

Hello, today my drivers side exterior door handle just stopped working, when u pull it it does nothing, the door will only open from the inside, it still locks and unlocks on the lock but the door handle on the outside won’t open the door, it pulls out like normal but doesn’t open, any suggestions? Thanks

Ive had this recently, i reckon the small cable has become detached from the handle. There is a little grommet in the side of the door, take this off and there should be a torx head screw which holds in the lock, if you loosen this you should be able to pull the lock out and there you should be able to see that the cable isnt connected to the handle.

Hopefully you can just pop it back in. :)

I'll second that...

Just be careful loosening off that T20 (I think) screw behind the grommet. You need to loosen it about 12 turns before the locking ring that holds the barrel in place releases. Keep trying every turn. Too many and the locking ring will drop down into the door. AND, once you have the barrel out, do not touch that bolt till the barrel is back in again.