Lupo 1.4 S to 1.6GTi engine swap

dread

The Lupo Gti AVY engine has different bolt pattern to the gearbox + starter motor is at the front - so it wont bolt up to your current gearbox - but Polo Gti AVY is a regular bolt pattern and will work, but then there is the wiring.

I understand you can swap 1.6 internals into certain 1.4 engines - the bore is the same, crank and rods give more stroke  - this may be a more stealthy way to get more power, if your engine can be changed you retain everything you currently have, but with a few more horses.

The polo GTI route appears easier not sure if that is just electrics or just because of gearbox and driveshafts etc as well.

If it is a 75HP 1.4 you'll want all the hubs, brakes and driveshafts etc as well i would think. ECU? No idea, might need standalone and if so by that point you may as well have gone 1.8T.

I understand Engine and body loom integrated  - I bought my spare Lupo AVY from  a guy who had converted his Lupo, but used Polo engine and loom - he was a mechanic, so I hope he knew what he was talking about - He said he had to rewire the whole car to make it work.

I wouldn't get too hung up about VVT - what I have read is it only adds a few ponies at top end, you need to go through all the loom connections on the 1.4 and compare with AVY - as a starting point... the Starter motor cable and loom will need looking at.