VW lupo 1.0

Epxedm

I recently bought a VW lupo 1.0 and it has an issue with the heater that it doesn't work on any setting it originally had an issue with water leaking into the car due to blocked drain holes below the windscreen. The car has had the entire interior removed bar the dashboard ,doorcards and the headliner everything else had been removed to be cleaned and dried out. After this had been done I moved onto the issue of the heater not working so I bought a used heater resistor which is known good but still didn't work. The fan is fully functional as was tested by being connected directly to the battery the fuse has been tested and replaced and is not the issue does anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong?

20191230_161010.jpg

20200103_160405.jpg

Wow, someone's been busy.

if fan works, then can only be ign switch, power relay, fuse or fan control switch. Unlikely to be wiring loom.

Does the radio and headlight power come on when you switch on ign? If yes, then the relay is ok. So most likely the fuse. I've never seen a fan control switch fail, but it is possible.

oh, and welcome to Club Lupo! :)

11 hours ago, mk2 said:

Wow, someone's been busy.

if fan works, then can only be ign switch, power relay, fuse or fan control switch. Unlikely to be wiring loom.

Does the radio and headlight power come on when you switch on ign? If yes, then the relay is ok. So most likely the fuse. I've never seen a fan control switch fail, but it is possible.

oh, and welcome to Club Lupo! :)

The radio and headlights work fine when the ignition is turned on. It was the fuse it had blown from being short circuited from water.

And thanks 

Edited by Epxedm
Fixed