Duplicate Keys

11 hours ago, mk2 said:

The key is the software. It's not that technical reading a memory location or writing to a memory location- it's just like reading/writing a file in a directory on a PC or MAc...

The trick is knowing which memory location is responsible for what function. When you get software, those memory locations are already preprogrammed in and everything is done for you (or hidden). And because Bosch don't release the address maps for the functions on each car, it's usually discovered by chance.

The alternate way of finding the addresses is by packet or data stream capture, then playing back slowly, byte by byte. It's how the guys at Rosstech do it. But they have an advantage because Uwe (the guy who set it up) is best mates with a VW dealer who allows him to use the genuine Vdub VAS system, interrogating data real time.

You've still got to access the memory location 

On 1/31/2020 at 8:30 AM, mk2 said:

That's fairly straight forward, using cheap chinese(?) software. Most people get scared when they see page after page of hex...

That doesn't bother me. I reverse engineered a tool entirely in stupid-hex (hex but every value is shifted by 2) when I was 21. That doesn't scare me. 

Every time I've tried to access the ECU or Cluster I've either been booted out or it's timed out... At least using VAG commander 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.