Duplicate Keys

Trying to source a duplicate key for my particular 2000 Lupo 1.0E was not easy, even though it was a simple non remote version. Most autolocksmiths were unable to clone a transponder key for this particular car.

Strangely enough, Timpsons could apparently do it, but it came at a serious price and required significant delay.

Eventually I found Autolockmaster, a non franchise company, covering central England around Gloucestershire and Worcestershire areas.

They were excellent and reasonably priced. The company consists of Martyn and Dave, both friendly and helpful types.

Link below:

http://www.autolockmaster.co.uk/

42 minutes ago, mk2 said:

How much did you pay for the key cutting and the immobiliser chip pairing up? I need this too...

£80 as a total job......key, key cutting and chipping.

Timpsons claim they could have done it but it would have been around £130. I have my doubts though. There was an issue with the coding on the Lupo. In fairness, Timpsons charged my mate £55 for a straightforward Polo job.

It seems the Lupo is a problem. I only found one other locksmith who could do it.

Hope that helps.

Kev

1 hour ago, LR5V said:

Good value - shame they are so far away from Scotland! - did they need the key and car to be together?

If its key only - I may be passing the home of the "Sauce" in the nears future.

It was key and car.

The key was cut in a few minutes. The reading and pairing of the chip took some time and involved going through a process using my original key and the new duplicate key being inserted into the ignition.

2 hours ago, mk2 said:

Been told that they use OBD port to pair up keys and RKE. So obviously a question of the right software, nothing else...

That’s exactly what was done, though they used a number of different software programmers to identify the correct coding.

I get the general impression from reading stuff on the German Lupo club (https://lupoclub.de/forum/) that once you've managed to extract the SKC (=secure key code, I think), which is a 4 digit number, you can do stuff...

VW HQ Milton Keynes used to provide you the code if you could prove you were the legal owner of the car. But not since about 2006 sadly. 

When you buy a new vdub, the number is provided on a plastic keyfob thing with a scratch card type thing. Or used to be. My mk4 had it tucked into the user manual wallet thing. Almost binned it until I discovered what it was... most handy.

But there are a number of SKC extraction apps out there. Not found one that works on a Lupo.... Yet....

Did the PIN code, which is related to the rice grain chip in the key start with a 0? Curious to know if they are 4 digits still. Actually... just had a thought. With VAG commander or other ROM code dump utility, you could download the ROM and see if you can find your code sequence in the memory sequence. Then with that info, the common memory address location of all Lupos could be found... we could all get our SKCs.

The 8 digit code is the wireless remote central locking code I think. That may also be extractable the same way as the SKC...? What do I know. Just speculating! :)

On 1/23/2020 at 9:58 PM, Kevberlin said:

The  five digit pin code began with a zero.

Yes - that's the SKC - secret key code

Its been a while since I last messed with one of them, iirc this unlocks advanced functions in VCDS - the sort of stuff you can really screw up you VW, so only venture in if your really stupid or brave.

I had to find mine on my Mk4 when the dash died, a VAG tacho cable and software to get the SKC +an excellent guide on ukmkiv's and my new clocks were coded in. 

The guide mentioned that the SKC usually gets given as a 4 digit number, but for vcds it asks for 5... so you put a 0 at the front.

Wonder if the same or similar process works on the Lupo - same era as Mk4?

For what it’s worth, all the key people I contacted said the Lupo was a particular problem child to duplicate keys for.

Timpsons did a transponder key for a mates 1999 Polo for £55, but there was sighing and gnashing of teeth when they read the Lupo key.

Immo2 in a Lupo is easily hackable with VAG commander. Immo3 remains troublesome as I am currently finding...

Watch this space though.

Skez, I can get ROM dumps from my Lupos and send them to you if you want to (and have the time) to do pattern analysis...

Most bytes of memory will be identical apart from things like options settings, milage and of course the SKC. I guess the more ROM dumps you can compare, the more likely it is that you can ID which addresses are the ones that matter. You might be able to convince others on here to send their ROMs to you as a project for all club lupo :)

We could have a private members group who know how to do it (I'd suggest long term members only, for security reasons obviously).

8 hours ago, Skezza said:

Immo2 in a Lupo is easily hackable with VAG commander. Immo3 remains troublesome as I am currently finding...

Watch this space though.

It seemed that the later Lupo key could be done easily enough but the earlier ones, like my 2000 model, were a problem.

9 hours ago, Kevberlin said:

It seemed that the later Lupo key could be done easily enough but the earlier ones, like my 2000 model, were a problem.

Hmmmm. Did you get your pin then?

5 hours ago, Kevberlin said:

Yes. Five digit pin starting with zero

How much did you pay? What tool did they use?

8 hours ago, Skezza said:

How much did you pay? What tool did they use?

£80 for the whole job....key and coding.

Tool............they used a variety of software programmes to work through the process on three different mobile devices. Sorry but I can’t tell you anything more “techie” than that. At one point the key would start the car but then cut out. It was soon sorted after a bit more “magic”. All well above my pay grade!!

The key is the software. It's not that technical reading a memory location or writing to a memory location- it's just like reading/writing a file in a directory on a PC or MAc...

The trick is knowing which memory location is responsible for what function. When you get software, those memory locations are already preprogrammed in and everything is done for you (or hidden). And because Bosch don't release the address maps for the functions on each car, it's usually discovered by chance.

The alternate way of finding the addresses is by packet or data stream capture, then playing back slowly, byte by byte. It's how the guys at Rosstech do it. But they have an advantage because Uwe (the guy who set it up) is best mates with a VW dealer who allows him to use the genuine Vdub VAS system, interrogating data real time.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.