Steering acting weird

Tredest

So I’ve been driving my Lupo 1.0 for nearly a year and I’ve noticed that it takes a lot more force to turn the steering wheel to the right than to the left. Would this be to do with the power steering? 
Thanks

Difficult to diagnose without seeing it. Could be a track rod end ball joint, bottom ball joint or top strut bearing. Or even a bent steering rack? Has the car ever had a bump or a hard curbing? I'd jack it up, wheels off the ground and see what it's like to move then. If still not obvious, I'd pop the track rd ends off and see how the rack feels on its own. And while disconnected, see how the whole suspension feels each side. That will isolate where the friction is. Should be finger tip effort on the steering wheel.

There could be a valve in the rack that is sticking, if the fluid is old and dirty try draining it and fresh stuff, or there are additives that might unstick it.

Otherwise balljoint, strut top etc. Undo the steering ball joint and see if the strut all moves happy, then try it with a jack under the bottom balljoint to simulate some weight on it.

Edited by Sausage

Okay I think I’ve fixed it! So I noticed my steering wheel wobbled around a bit. I checked the bolts holding the steering column in and the right one had stripped out. I’m pretty sure this happened when replacing the Pedal box. Anyway now that the bolt is replaced it feels as if the imbalance has gone! Thank you all for the help!