R.I.P my Lupo TDI....

Sausage

On 1/12/2020 at 12:04 PM, Sausage said:

It's CAT B, parts only and shell crushed, never to return to the road and DVLA will not issue docs on it. I didnt bother contesting that as it is quite bad on the corner and A pillar plus the VIN number disappeared down behind the dashboard so it wouldnt get another MOT without it anyway.

Front subframe moved back about 10mm on front mounting bolt so probably bent, steering rack is fine it wouldnt move while unloading because the hub knuckle castor was at 90 degrees from normal and the wheel was jammed in the arch (it was outside the arch at the scene), track rod end thread was stretched and bent. 

Not kept up on this thread. Didn't expect it to be that bad.

5 hours ago, Skezza said:

Not kept up on this thread. Didn't expect it to be that bad.

damage  resized.JPG

Cant open the door, the bottom hinge has moved.

Dscn5272.jpg

Undone hinge still wont open.

Dscn5274.jpg

Dscn5275.jpg

Tried this today, no joy it just dragged the car along with the wheel chocks, will need cutting to weaken it. I just want the door to open and close to make things a bit easier. I'll probably give it another go on a chain and reverse the car to give it a few sharp jolts instead of gradual on the winch.

Dscn5276.jpg

Edited by Sausage

3 hours ago, mk2 said:

Strong little car...

Must have been fun getting that wing off. Was that rim damaged? I'm looking for a set of those 6 spokes...

Rim is ****ed as is the good tyre on it. Used tin snips on top corner of the wing and left the two tabs there still bolted up.

Those rims are very light compared to the Seat wheels too.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Rich said:

I have a spare jcz, what's the craic with them?

its shorter ratios than EXB. I was going to stick JDD in but my driving is mostly B road so figured I'd try the JCZ instead and see. Roughly around 7% final drive, but bigger tyres should bring that to around 5%.

02r ratios.jpg

Edited by Sausage

2 hours ago, mk2 said:

That's cracking info @Sausage. Where did you get that? I'd like to see the 085 chart...

I got lots of 2008 Ibiza TDI bits inc failed engine a few years back for £100. Thought I'd try the gearbox as then if the ratios are annoying at least I will have tested it if I want to sell it on.

Edit: Ok by "that" you meant the chart not the gearbox, just google the gearbox type and code and pretty much always the online manual will come up with the charts.

https://workshop-manuals.com/seat/leon-mk1/02r_5-speed/technical_data/gearbox_identification/code_letters_assembly_allocation_ratios_capacities/

Edited by Sausage

Toe out was miles out and matey had the track rod ends on the wrong sides so rubbed on the 14s on full lock (front end is still in the air). Some interesting noises from the gearbox as well and the clutch pedal sticks down. I put the 7mm spacer washer on the wrong side of the gearbox mount so used the Ibiza slave which was that much shorter (plus the lupo one was wet in the plunger boot) so it either needs more bleeding or it doesnt like the slave, I'll probably just stick some hard foam on the pedal stop to reduce the travel though as clutch seems to work fine so far.

Edited by Sausage

it got marked up by the recovery storage yard (pic is one i sent insurance):

Storage marks3.JPG

But it is just paint tbf and if you are chopping and welding it wont matter. Yes it will be chopped up, but it wont be for a while yet if you can wait. I can take a pic of the side better tomorrow.

Red one:

Yesterday fixed broken bonnet release after cable snapped with it shut. Sorted the lights, one headlight was reluctant, got passenger door opening from outside.

Today, ABS sensor dead front left wheel, ordered some, stripped rear coilovers off as it had failed twice back in 2017 on insecure rear shock absorbers. All i could see was the springs had no top mounts so not sure if that was the failure so not worth chancing it. Bilsteins all round, the rears going on tomorrow. 

Edited by Sausage

Red TDI Mot'd today and on the road. Gearbox ratios are very close to original box with a much better 1st gear. Should be picking up a PD150 engine and bits for a conversion in the next week or so too, not sure on what yet just getting them as they have turned up local and well priced.

• Thanks 1