New Owner "Press Car" T62DBW

Stevw1

HELLO,Β 

I am the New Owner of one of the "Press Cars" this one being T62 DBW.

I have been a VW owner for the last 32 years approximately, so be assured its in safe handsΒ πŸ˜‰

It has been adulterated a little, so the plan is to get it back, or as close to OEM as i can. Currently it is running Yamaha R1 Bike Carbs, sits low on aftermarket alloys.

So, a little work needs to be done to get it there. Any info anyone has on this car and where it has been over the last 20 years would be great. I have managed to track down a couple of previous owners and am in the process of putting a portfolio together, with Magazine copies as back up. Also hoping to make a few shows next year, so come say HELLO.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN......................................

Β 

T62-6.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Sadly I have listed this for sale in the β€œFOR SALE” section.

Too many projects on the go and it’s getting neglected.Β 
Doesn’t need much to finish this terrific solid car. Will be a great car to someone with a great history behind it.

Feel free to message or enquire, happy to help with anything πŸ™‚

I'm convinced that LuposΒ are going the way of Mk2 golfs... Ever more desirable as they become rarer and rarer. Even in breakers'Β yards LuposΒ are a rare sight now. Be nice to see one of the first Lupos in the UK go to a good home again. My fav colour too.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mk2 said:

I'm convinced that LuposΒ are going the way of Mk2 golfs... Ever more desirable as they become rarer and rarer. Even in breakers'Β yards LuposΒ are a rare sight now. Be nice to see one of the first Lupos in the UK go to a good home again. My fav colour too.

Yes, I agree and sad I can’t complete it. My A3 Show Car is taking all of my time at the minute and my daily A4 B5 TQS. The Lupo is such a great little car, but something has to go πŸ˜₯

Β 

• 9 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, The Penguin said:

Do they check emissions on cars that old?

I was reading elsewhre that they where checking on a 25 + year old car but doing it to the wrong standard (should of been euro 1 instead of euro 2)

• Like 1

With regards to suspension. If you want to keep it reasonably oem but have it lowered. Vw used to do a kit which was a 25- 30mm lowering kit

Part numberwas 6X0 071 676 it is not avalaible on hertiage though.

• 1 month later...