Squeak from Clutch Pedal

ArosaScott

So my Arosa mk2 (1.0ltr S, 2004) has started to make a Squeak when releasing the clutch pedal.

My very first thought was here comes the pedal box issue, but we examined it best we could without physically taking the pedal box out and everything looks fine, no cracks or signs of stress in the pedal box infact we think its been replaced before i bought it. So we removed the drivers seat so we could get a proper look under and at the pedal box, with lights, a bore scope and i took some HDR photos and enlarged them on computer and all looks fine, the clutch pedal operates as should returns just fine, sits the same height as brake pedal etc. 

EDIT - Cable controlled doh! Any ideas guys? 

Edited by ArosaScott

So took the car out again yesterday, and didn't squeak. 

Tried to check pedal box out as much as possible as above but couldn't see anything what looked cracked, stressed, looked out of sorts. Pedal works fine, returns as normal, sits right, feels right, no crunching in the gear changes. 

Haven't tried that yet, thats todays job going to go pick some up and give it a good going over.

Thats good to know, with some luck its not that but IF it ever was to go would have to see if its actually worth replacing or selling and picking somehting up till i get my project built. The car owes me nothing to be honest. 

From what i see the replacement is pretty straight forward just the sheer bolts can be an arse looking at it but nothing we can't sort. I think its more picking up the parts you need after doing a search online i can't actually find one new.