PSA: Check your EVAP system!

con9t2

Hi there,

Over the past few months I've made quite a few posts about a re-occurring problem I was having, this issue has since been solved and embarrassed to say it was quite a simple fix - So I'm just posting this in case someone could use the tip.

Check for leaks in the EVAP system, the hose that goes from the purge valve up to the throttle body should be good and tight. For months and months it would take a good 5-10 mins for my car to start and after a long process of elimination, all it turned out to be was this hose..

Interesting,

I'm having lots of problems with mine at the moment, cant get it started at all after being laid-up for 2.5 years. I'll check this out.

Spoke too soon, as usual!

First day or two she started up first turn of the key no issues, since then it's gone back to several turns of the key, stuttering etc.

I'm now also getting a P0321 code thrown up and from what I've read this may be the crankshaft sensor?

Going to replace the purge valve just in case, in regards to the not starting issue.

One thing I did notice is how my injectors were spraying fuel, (from left to right) 1 and 4 were noticeably lower pressure than 2 and 3 - Is this normal or would I need to replace the fuel rail also? I swapped over the injectors and they are all fine as it was still low pressure on 1 and 4, I'm thinking it's something to do with that, perhaps over fuelling in the rail?

Thanks

Edited by con9t2

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 6:17 PM, Mooresy said:

Interesting,

I'm having lots of problems with mine at the moment, cant get it started at all after being laid-up for 2.5 years. I'll check this out.

Definitely worth checking out, I replaced a few hoses that looked like they were standard issue....a 17 year old hose can't be good!