Engine swaps and transmissions

OneLitreBeater

I apologize if I keep repeating myself, but this topic should be a bit more specific.
I noticed that in the list of engines that the Lupo came with, there was a 1.4 FSI petrol unit, I believe the same one from the 9N Polo.
I tried searching around the internet and a bunch of forums for answers, but found nothing.
If I were to swap out my 1.0 litre for a 1.4 FSI, would it be a plug-n-play swap?
Can I use the current transmission that I have now, or would I need one from the 1.4 FSI? Maybe I could pair the engine with a Lupo GTI 6 speed transmission?
If I want to rebuild the engine, what new parts should I definitely replace just to be safe?
Are there any parts from my old engine that I could use on the new one? Just in case new parts fail and I need a quick replacement.

I'm also open to other swap suggestions, either petrol or diesel, because at this point anything is a gain compared to the low power and high fuel consumption of the 1.0 .

Thank you in advance to anyone who answers my questions, and happy holidays!

Don't take this offensively but i am going to be blunt.

You sound like you know nothing and you're asking some very complex questions.

Sell it and buy something faster.

Ok, @Rich is right, but...

Every VDub engine is different and uses different wiring, software, exhaust system, inlet ducting and gearbox (and gear ratios). Oh and engine mounts a lot of the time too. Even variations of the same engine require a fair bit of engineering to make them run well. Drive shafts can also be different. There's other smaller stuff I've not mentioned. Old engineering is easy, but newer ECU based engines require knowledge and real understanding.

So.... to do just about any work on a car, besides knowledge, you generally need access to a full workshop and tool maker. And it gets expensive. Very expensive. True, a lot of the time you can swap parts between many models to make a decent mongrel/hybrid thing, but it takes a lots of time and searching databases to see what will actually fit what. And you'll never ever get your money back when you sell. But your knowledge about cars and vehicle engineering will be up there in the 1%, so I guess if you ever go into the motor trade, you'll earn your money back through consultancy work.

The main reason most people try to upgrade their car's power is because they bought a cheap car and really would like something a lot more fun. So the usual attitude is to change the engine... But by the time they have properly working DVSA certified machine, they've spent a lot more than it would have cost to buy a much higher spec'd car. In a nutshell, you're trying to make a track car that is road legal. And you need to declare every tiny modification to your insurers or it'd be void and your name will go on the national database as lieing to insurance companies. Ergo, your premiums will cost the earth.

Solution- build a track car :)

10 hours ago, Rich said:

Can't answer, shan't be answering.

Go look on here at who usually answers these things when they're not so far fetched or pointless (1.4 into 1.0)

And I managed to slip in an "ergo"...