The JPN Lupo

axe

Hey all, I'm Benny, Australian living in Japan. Iv'e owned mostly mk1 and mk2 golfs over the years, Now i'n in Japan, The Lupo GTI seemed the best bet.
searched for a while and found this 03 with a dent in the rear right quarter and a host of DIY f&*k ups by a previous owner, but the price was right, and over all she's neat, with 170,000 klms on the clock.
She was cheap* for here*  tad under 100,000 JPY* with 1 year shaken (bit like reg / MOT type deal) it already had H&R coil overs also, and some BBS RA that really don't suit it ( fix that later) 

Hopefully this will be the story of it being modded/ revived/ lapping the C1 loop in Tokyo beating r35 gtrs and...... cough....:P 

Now owned for a bit over a month, mostly happy overall! has a few little issues to sort in the near future, but here she is.

Cheers!. Benny

forum 1.jpg

forum 2.jpg

Edited by axe

13 hours ago, mk2 said:

Nice pics. Fixing that rear shouldn't be too tricky. Just the paint (duco) blending will be fun.

yeah mate! 100%. I'll let a body shop sort out the paint action.
Pretty confident i can get her straight(ish) I got a scissor jack and a big lump of wood in there today and actually wound the face out the where it should be
It didn't quite pop the big crease out yet. but it's close. i'll give her some beating treatment and wang it into shape a bit more on fri. 
.  Doing it in a car park with rattle cans could be fun though  haha :P