Suspension raise on Lupo.

Jim Heppy

Hello. I’ve got over my Audi A2 infatuation and it’s going fine so I fancy something else to fiddle with. I fancy raising a lupo, set of AT tyres on steels, snorkel, big roof rack etc. You guys seem experts at the “slam” but I want the opposite. So who has done a lift. Any pitfalls and pictures would be great. Thanks Jim.

• Like 1

I can't think of any problems other than the outer cv joints. Especially the left one. You'll need to adjust the rear brake compensator thing too, and the front tracking (it would start toeing out).

You might want to do what vdub (or that Austrian tuning company) did with the "mk2 golf country" edition. They lifted the whole car about 140mm!!! Drop the front subframe, change the struts. Extend the steering column. And pipes, gear shift, electrics etc...

I think someone on here did a 4wd conversion once- using off the shelf vdub parts from an older mk2 syncro or rallye. Straight in with no welding, except the fuel tank, exhaust and propshaft (propshaft services ltd) had to be custom made. I think they got around the outer cv joint problems by switching from ball bearing type CV joints to a tri-pot roller race joint (golf or polo or something- can't remember). I think you could probably do maybe an extra 50-75mm without too much hassle. Just watch the front drive shafts. Spring spacer plates or even air suspension works.

• 3 years later...

@Jim HeppyHi :) Have you managed to finish your project? I am currently planning on lifting my stock 1.7 sdi Lupo about an inch max. I do not need much, I just need some ground clearance to make the car as functional as possible as I am planning some trips on side roads with a roof rack and tent. 

Edited by Plons_One