Think I'm only getting 45 pushing 50 to a gal

Stua9

On 1.4 tdi I've noticed in the last few weeks the gauge going down quite quick in normal driving. I expected 60 plus it's had new filters air, oil, fuel and runs spot on.

Tyres and brakes are also fine ie plenty tread right pressure, new front discs/ pads new o/s/f caliper no binding front or back. 

Edited by Stua9

• 2 weeks later...

You should get decent milage from it, unless you're always over 2.5k rpm... Have you checked the injection timing correction factor on VCDS? (Box 4, group 4 from memory). Should sit at around 0 (when the engine and gearbox oil is fully warmed up)? You might also have a stuck or sticky EGR...

I'm rarely over 2.5, don't have vcds I don't think it's not stuck ect as I've dieses for years and cleaned them out,  it pulls clean, it's really quite a torquey wee bugger.... just shite mpg for what it is. 

19 hours ago, Stua9 said:

I'm rarely over 2.5, don't have vcds I don't think it's not stuck ect as I've dieses for years and cleaned them out,  it pulls clean, it's really quite a torquey wee bugger.... just shite mpg for what it is. 

I loved mine and never complained about the mpg but I was getting around 60.

On all my SDIs I 'can' get 80-85MPG if I drive like a granny. But more usual is 55-65MPG and I go through a set of tyres and brakes in about 15k miles...

My regular mk4 tank does 35-40. Mk2s about 35 and 45ish. The others' a lot worse (8-15mpg).

worked out my 1.7 SDi to be getting 48mpg and never above 3k revs - A roads 25mile daily journey, same journey my old 1.9 pd100 polo would get around 55-56mpg.
I am running near straight SVO though, and its got a straight through exhaust which I'm hoping to replace for standard or at least put a midbox on.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stephenmacleod said:

worked out my 1.7 SDi to be getting 48mpg and never above 3k revs - A roads 25mile daily journey, same journey my old 1.9 pd100 polo would get around 55-56mpg.
I am running near straight SVO though, and its got a straight through exhaust which I'm hoping to replace for standard or at least put a midbox on.

does the cost of the SVO unless its free, outweigh the drop in mpg. once i have swapped my glow plugs since one is down, i was thinking of adding some oil to myn

3 hours ago, Sarahs Lupo said:

does the cost of the SVO unless its free, outweigh the drop in mpg. once i have swapped my glow plugs since one is down, i was thinking of adding some oil to myn

Definitely. I was using diesel before and it was a bit better but not massively. Probably wants an oil/filter change and the exhaust sorting but.

I use clean new veg, got a deal from sainsburys at 60p a litre. And delivered to my door!

Don't use SVO with 5 nozzle injectors... Although it's fine with old style valve lift spray head injectors. The new servo pumps (and PD injectors) really don't like glycerol. Too acidic. Makes food taste nice though.

On 11/13/2019 at 8:55 AM, Stephenmacleod said:

Like I said, something is probably wrong somewhere but don't know what (I really don't think it's the egr as there's lag ect) must be because it's mainly short trips but honestly expected a bit more. 

As I said before, my 2,0 tdi estate does more or less the same as it's the same to tax so doesn't make any sence keeping the Arosa apart from the parts are cheaper.