Mk4 r 32 brakes on lupo

Pedrodct

Hi guys I'm new to this, I'm Pedro and I have a lupo gti with 130.000 miles, love that thing and I'm now restoring it. I'm also trying to fit it with r 32 mk4 brakes  the bolt pattern fits the trouble is my mechanic tells me to get 17" wheels I don't want to do that, is it ok to grind some of the calipers metal away and use smaller disk with 4x100 pdc, also I've upgraded to 16" bbs rx 2 hope this makes sense 

BBS RX2's are nice wheels, I used to run them on a Mk3 - but you need to be aware that they are one of the worst OEM wheels for space inside for brakes.  On my Mk3 the caliper was only a few mm of the inside of the spokes. I can also report that the RX2's are heavy, a nightmare to clean and it seems their second function in life  is to corrode. 

If you do go with the R32 calipers, ignoring wheel space, you will need to make custom carriers for the calipers to fit on.

I would stick with the common upgrade retaining the existing calipers and using them with 280 discs and carriers.

• Thanks 1