Didn't realise a front caliper was saw expensive

Stua9

Yeah, the rebuild kits are like £5 for a pair of calipers. Just 4 bits of rubber.

Take pads out. Stamp on brake until piston pops out. Undo brake hose and seal off. Rebuild caliper. Get a small red rubber grease pack. Refit. Flush and bleed. Sorted. New caliper performance with minimal cost. 👍🏻

Edited by mk2

Local independent motor factors often have these kits sitting on a dusty shelf somewhere. Still labelled with an old price or on clearance.  If you go to ECP or GSF you'll pay more. I've noticed that even parts suppliers on Ebay are ripping off people these days. I dunno what's going on...

Mate, there shouldn't be that surcharge there, ive never had that added to anything i have bought and i have used them for a while now, you also dont need the post back charge on there if you order the correct part. 

Also you seem angry? 

Edited by ArosaScott

6 hours ago, Stua9 said:

Why do YOU think, have a go..

If it's siezed, you could reuse the old rubbers. Just that it takes a bit of messing about to get the piston out. If it leaks, then you can fix them with JB weld, but you need to grind off any rust then patch it. But before JB weld yiu need to clean really well. But if you've messed up the bleeder thread, then there's not a lot you can do. Same if the bleeder has snapped off.

18 hours ago, ArosaScott said:

Mate, there shouldn't be that surcharge there, ive never had that added to anything i have bought and i have used them for a while now, you also dont need the post back charge on there if you order the correct part. 

Also you seem angry? 

There's always been a charge on them or has been for the last 20odd years. 

17 hours ago, mk2 said:

If it's siezed, you could reuse the old rubbers. Just that it takes a bit of messing about to get the piston out. If it leaks, then you can fix them with JB weld, but you need to grind off any rust then patch it. But before JB weld yiu need to clean really well. But if you've messed up the bleeder thread, then there's not a lot you can do. Same if the bleeder has snapped off.

I've bled a few through the years but not changed many seals. The nipple is rusted solid so not wasting time with it, I'll get a caliper at the local factor as it's about the same total price as the one above that Scott seemed to think was only 37 quid.