Problem with my 1.4TDI

_LM46

Ive got a problem with my lupo tdi, it has supposedly been “remapped” and feels a lot faster than standard, but after I got 80-90 mph it feels like the turbo has given up, and until you restart the engine it won’t pull like it does before, I don’t understand what’s going wrong, the car gets to 80-90 and then suddenly all power shuts off, and until you restart the engine the turbo doesnt seem to do anything, could the turbo be ****ed? Just looking for some opinions, thanks

Get fault codes read pref with vcds. Possibly a boost deviation and it goes into limp mode. Switching the ecu (ignition) off then on again resets it. You can do that driving along if you are careful. Mine used to do it stooging up a hill in 3rd or 4th. P1556 is the code.

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/17964/P1556/005462

Edited by Sausage

in every gear it doesn’t happen, it’s once your are in 5th gear at the higher revs that it suddenly looses power and then all the other gears feel like they have lost any boost, And once you turn off and turn on the engine again all the power is back as if it’s completely fine, I don’t know who has messed around with the remapping as when I bought the car it was supposedly “remapped to 105hp” and it feels like it has been. But I’m not sure if that could have anything to do with it, thanks for everyone’s suggestions 

Edited by _LM46

Mine also has remap and was doing on hills in 3rd or 4th, boost out of spec for more than x seconds = limp mode. I altered SVBL in map and adjusted driving style (dont hold pedal still while going up hill for more than a few seconds). Dirty maf makes it much more likely also, K&N filter had to go.

Get codes read. You could also log the boost and see what it is doing actual vs requested.

If yours is really only doing it in 5th gear at high revs then i would think something else is going on though...

Edited by Sausage