Vw learning guides pdf docs

mk2

Anyone got a link to the 3 pot 1.4 tdi engine vdub learning guide. You know the 30 odd page pdf thing that tells you why certain things were designed in a particular way and things to be wary of? Can't find it anywhere...

And chains that are pulled and then momentarily pushed, then pulled.... then snap.

Reminds me of project miatabusa. They also forgot to take into account why you need clutch springs (or a dual mass flywheel). 

That's better 👍🏻 Cheers :)

there are some interesting articles on that other site though, you gotta agree...!

@Sausage have you ever changed the chain or felt the need to? I've got a car in on friday for a cam belt- from drawings I've looked at, seems an easy time to swap it while everything else is off.

9 hours ago, mk2 said:

That's better 👍🏻 Cheers :)

there are some interesting articles on that other site though, you gotta agree...!

@Sausage have you ever changed the chain or felt the need to? I've got a car in on friday for a cam belt- from drawings I've looked at, seems an easy time to swap it while everything else is off.

I havent changed one no, the whole kit inc the crank cog is expensive (febi 43667 kit about £150 cheapest) the chain itself can be had for £30 but new chain on old cogs isnt an especially clever plan. Simple enough to change but needs the balance shaft timed on the chain links. Pull the cover and have a good look.

Any scraping on the cover, obvious chain wear or very worn guides would kick me into changing one.

Edited by Sausage