Control arm Replacement

ArosaScott

So today i got around to doing my control arm replacements. 

Passenger side was nice and easy to do, done in 30 minutes. 

Drivers side on the other hand what a pain in the arse, noticed straight away the oil sump in the way of the bolt undone it to the point it was hitting the pan, needed literally half an inch of clearance to get the bolt out, so decided against undoing the sub frame bolt as i know the bolt inside the frame can become dislodged and a complete pain in the arse to put the bolt back in so went with the drivers side engine mount, undone the bolt a touch got another jack and a bit of wood and jacked up the engine up an inch to have clearance to get the bolt out and in, once done lowered the jack and did the engine mount back up. (took about an hour) 

I also replaced the anti roll drop links as the others was well shagged for a better word, my question is does it matter which way they face? as the one we took off was almost straight but the replacement ones i got from autodoc had abit of a kink in the design they fitted both ways so just had them both fixed the same way, just thought i would ask if there was a 'correct' way? 

Just need to take it for a alignment tomorrow as tracking is abit out now. 

I wondered the same thing when i did mine. Yeah, they face backwards if that makes sense. As if the bolt bit is dragging while driving. But TBH, I can't see it making a huge difference.

@mk2 Thanks mate, yeah we did look at them both ways and to be honest it didn't really make any difference to the fitment. We just wasn't sure if there was a 'correct' position. Alignment ill get done tomorrow on way home from work (its slightly out, but got the old chalk and tape out to get it driveable for tomorrow)