What bit at the back does this mean

Stua9

It was part of an mot fail i haven't had a look yet

"Nearside Rear Suspension component mounting prescribed area excessively corroded significantly reducing structural strength"

I looked inside before taking just doing my nosey and cleaning ect and the shocks top mount looked spot on, no rust nothing but that's inside. I take it it's maybe right underneath the top mount ie at or near the axle/beam?

12 hours ago, Rich said:

It's not going to be an axle and if you would scrap a car for a bit of rust, well, all the best with the bm 

Have a nice day 

What would you know without seeing it!!

I sure will ;  )

11 hours ago, mk2 said:

I had to do a bit of welding on one of my SDIs just the other day.... Ok, so more than a bit, but hey, they are 20 year old cars now.

You're right I'm going to take it to the guy I use thing is he doesn't do welding now but will get him to see where the tester is on about. I had a look yesterday, yes there's a lot a of rust round the whole area but I could see that "Is structurally weakened". Failing that I'll go and ask the tester exactly where he means. 

Edited by Stua9