Drivers door rubber.

ArosaScott

So with this heat i have noticed that the corner of my drivers door outer rubber seal seems to not be connecting with the roof pillar out by a half a cm. So when it rained the other day a small amount of water seemed to collect in between the door and inner door seal so as i opened the door it dripped into my seat. 

Is there a way to sort this? I was thinking about nudging the door latch back a couple mm to solve the issue? 

@mk2 Spot on fella thank you, so maybe the heat didn't do it. I'll give it a go and report back. 

(Slamming the door would explain it, im waiting on a new check door strap to arrive mines gone does the whole 'clicking' thing when opening and closing the door) 

Daewoo Matizes you could break into by simply bending the door out and reaching in. Or so I encountered on a rental... cars are only made of thin flimsy sheet steel. 

@mk2 While you're here mate, don't suppose you can tell me if the cut out above the two central air vents in the dash so above the vents top of dashboard is that a compartment if so how do i open it? my other guess is its maybe where the motor goes for the air vents? 

2 hours ago, ArosaScott said:

@mk2 While you're here mate, don't suppose you can tell me if the cut out above the two central air vents in the dash so above the vents top of dashboard is that a compartment if so how do i open it? my other guess is its maybe where the motor goes for the air vents? 

nah, it isn't a compartment and doesn't open. there's nothing under it either. It's where I hide my DAB aerial!

The heater controls / flap / diverter thingy are down the bottom, in front of the gearstick. Pain to get to. 

I've routed my DAB antenna up the driver's A pillar, along the roof and then down through a gap stuck to the drivers side rear window, at the top. @Skajme , do you get a decent signal if it's under the dash?

15 minutes ago, mk2 said:

The heater controls / flap / diverter thingy are down the bottom, in front of the gearstick. Pain to get to. 

I've routed my DAB antenna up the driver's A pillar, along the roof and then down through a gap stuck to the drivers side rear window, at the top. @Skajme , do you get a decent signal if it's under the dash?

Yeah, seems to work perfectly! Crystal clear