1.4 TDI Part Number Help

dretsae

Hello,

Could anyone possibly provide a part number for the rubber grommet that is on the lower left underside of the engine cover (1.4 TDI/AMF) if you are standing in front of the vehicle?  If the engine cover is flipped on its back, the grommet would then be on the lower right side.  I hope this makes sense 😉.  This grommets plugs into the plastic ball seat for securing the engine cover to the engine.  Unfortunately, my grommet is too worn to grab a part number and I cannot find this item on ETKA.  This grommet is also a different size/part number than the other two grommets on the cover.  The red arrow in the photo highlights what is needed.

Thanks for your help.

607B0E49-0E09-4EB2-9BD6-26779E4F8736.png

A493AD4D-0DCB-4E67-903E-4FDA21C2480E.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Sausage said:

Thanks for the reply.  I thought the same when I first looked at ETKA, but I believe that is the part number for the grommet that surrounds the oil dipstick.  Any other ideas? 

Yes you are correct. If they arent listed chances are it is sold with cover only and if your grommets dont have part numbers then that is a given..

What size diameter are they?

Audi 32mm one is 07C103226

Gold Mk4 TDI 038103638K

1 hour ago, Sausage said:

Yes you are correct. If they arent listed chances are it is sold with cover only and if your grommets dont have part numbers then that is a given..

What size diameter are they?

Audi 32mm one is 07C103226

Gold Mk4 TDI 038103638K

Thanks again for your reply @Sausage.  Like most of the grommets on VW engine covers of this vintage, it is removable.  I would pull a part number from the grommet if it was not so worn.  It is similar in shape and look to 038103184B.  Not sure if the measurements are the same though as I do not have 038103184B to compare.  My hope was that someone with a 1.4TDI might chime in with the correct part number from their engine cover :).  

• 2 weeks later...

I appreciate your help @mk2 .  Unfortunately, like ETKA, the oemepc.com website does not list this grommet for some reason ☹️.  If I am an idiot and just totally missing the info, please prove me wrong.  

It is not definitely not 038103638B (as mentioned above).  This grommet surrounds the oil dipstick.  

Can you id the engine dressing cover you have? Part number somehwere? Then if you put that in the system, it should come up with a pic of that bit of p,astic and any bits that go with it- in theory :) Oh, and any other dub models that might use it.