Just saying hello!

ITz_J3Rr

Hello everyone, my names Joe and I would like to write a little paragraph or two to say who I am. 

I am 17 and I am currently learning to drive. I bought my first car early knowing I will have to do a couple bits to get it ready. The car I bought was a '54' plate Seat Arosa 1.0. Its a lovely little car and I currently am doing it up a little bit. Slight problem with gear selection it seams. If anyone knows anything about gear selection problems il describe the problem i have further. 

I may be inexperienced with cars both driving and mechanically speaking but I have 2 motorbikes currently ( 1 50cc and one 125cc) which means I have basic knowledge of how engines tend to work. Or more importantly I tend to know where to the find the information to do a job rather than just winging it. Saying that i had a look for manuals for a Arosa/Lupo and found absolutely nothing that can be considered a manual. If anyone has anything like a set of useful notes available to share I would be very grateful. 

I am quite new to the idea of forums and this is my first one so I'm looking forward to speaking to you all and many thanks for reading. 

- Joe

6N polo is the closest relative for manuals... basically just about everything is the same, but slightly bigger. A lot of online parts diagrams and drawings may help. There are a few that are well known. I'll see if I can find a link or two. Maybe someone else might beat me to it.

Gear problems can be clutch, shifter, pedals or actual gearbox related. You need to try and figure out where the source is. Clutch might be stuck? Can you shift gears when the engine isn't running?

oh, and welcome to club lupo! :)

Edited by mk2

11 minutes ago, mk2 said:

6N polo is the closest relative for manuals... basically just about everything is the same, but slightly bigger. A lot of online parts diagrams and drawings may help. There are a few that are well known. I'll see if I can find a link or two. Maybe someone else might beat me to it.

Gear problems can be clutch, shifter, pedals or actual gearbox related. You need to try and figure out where the source is. Clutch might be stuck? Can you shift gears when the engine isn't running?

oh, and welcome to club lupo! :)

The gears don't seem to shift at all if that makes any sense? Its like it is constantly stuck in second/third gear regardless of what position the gear stick is in. Tomorrow I am planning on trying to put the gearbox into neutral by rocking the car and fiddling with the gear stick and hopefully try to set the adjusters to be in the right position knowing its neutral.

I will have a look into the online diagrams and other manuals and I might try to put together a PDF of all useful information which I could share with others if they're interested as i like to have all the necessary information in one place. 

Thank you and I'm glad I found this place as it seems like a nice community.