GTI Injectors

Assistance is much needed to source injectors for a GTI! I understand the factory injectors are made by Weber but very expensive and difficult to get hold of so what alternatives are there?

I'm led to believe either of these will fit but just want a second opinion before going through with it and whether anyone has any other suggestions on sourcing injectors😁

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222998262241

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Injector-Fits-VW-Lupo-2000-2005-Polo-2000-2001-1-6-GTi-4VN/173328665720?fits=Model%3ALupo&hash=item285b318c78:g:foEAAOSw41FapyBP

Gracias!!!

8 hours ago, LR5V said:

Whats wrong with your current injectors?

They can be cleaned and serviced

The car's running rich and every single possible sensor or part which could cause that has been replaced or cleaned and it's displaying symptoms of dodgy injectors since the car misfires when idling like it splutters/coughs every so often.

Never knew injectors could be serviced! Thought they were sealed for life units which if they went pop was the end of that!

I don't think injectors are causing over fuelling, they are being told to give more fuel than required, sounds like the O2 sensor is seeing too much oxygen, to balance this out its telling the injectors to give more fuel - you have checked for air leaks? crusty vacuum pipes? manifold leaks?

Yes, the injectors don't dismantle - professional service is proper cleaning inside and out with new seals.

If you are feeling brave you can clean them internally with carb cleaner - you tube has people doing this, you need to activate the injector and squirt cleaner through the injector. -this isn't as good as pro job, but no wait to get them back.

Your injectors are fine if running rich. Something is telling the ecu to run a rich fuelling map. Usually temp sensor. But could be a number of things or combination. VCDS will tell you what each of the sensors is seeing, so have a look at each, cold and once warmed up.

• Like 1

That's what I'm ripping my hair out at now, coolant temp sensor, thermostat, pre cat lambda sensor, MAP Sensor have all been changed and oily throttle body has been properly cleaned but still not playing ball. Will have another check for air leaks however but if there was wouldn't that cause it to run lean since a sensor would detect a lack of oxygen? 

I doubt it's an air leak. Or anything to do with the O2 sensor. But- thinking aloud, what makes you think it's running rich all the time? Are the plugs all fouled up with soot? Is there a strong petrol smell all the time from the exhaust?

the sensors if ok, will tell you what the ecu is seeing. The ecu only bases it's fuelling on what it sees. What you see is what it sees (the ecu sends the live data to vcds, so you're seeing through the ecu's eyes so to speak...). Check the data from temps, map, O2, TPS. It should become apparent which one isn't playing nicely.

• Like 1

I had it emissions tested to confirm it was running rich but telltale signs are it managed to foul spark plugs in 200 miles, warms up to 90 in about a mile, stinking of petrol and awful fuel economy😓

Next step is using VCDS it is then, cheers!

But the info given by the OP was:

On 8/10/2019 at 7:58 PM, Adrian777 said:

every single possible sensor or part which could cause that has been replaced or cleaned

If every sensor has been replaced and apparently working what else is there:

On 8/10/2019 at 9:12 PM, LR5V said:

I don't think injectors are causing over fuelling, they are being told to give more fuel than required, sounds like the O2 sensor is seeing too much oxygen, to balance this out its telling the injectors to give more fuel - you have checked for air leaks? crusty vacuum pipes? manifold leaks?

It is not a definitive answer, but it fits with the info given. interested to hear what is causing this.

• Like 1

Some of the replacement cheapo temp sensors follow a different 'b-curve'- as in they fitted the wrong thermistor to the sensor. Will give the correct reading at room temp, but when hot completely out. Who knows? Curious problem this....

• Like 1

ECU.JPG.5e7629e0270ab03103be410d62cf95a8.JPG

Not yet had the chance to get VCDS on the car but whilst clearing the water drains today, noticed the ECU was loose and them grey cable ties don't look very OEM unless if someone can correct me. If someone has pulled it out in the past, I believe the over fuelling mystery has been solved in the form of a remap.