Battery woes

Battery's started going flat and has refused to start tonight, tried bump starting unsuccessfully and now the green machines at the bottom of a hill! 

I've got a hunch that it might be the radio, I bought a 2nd hand beta unit and fitted last week to replace the aftermaket job previous owner had fitted. Is there anything in my hunch or have I lost it? 

Get it home. Charge it. Isolate what is drawing power by disconnecting stuff or pulling fuses. Possible, but unlikely to be the radio unless someone's messed with the wiring behind it.

11 hours ago, jackgraham said:

Battery's started going flat and has refused to start tonight, tried bump starting unsuccessfully and now the green machines at the bottom of a hill! 

I've got a hunch that it might be the radio, I bought a 2nd hand beta unit and fitted last week to replace the aftermaket job previous owner had fitted. Is there anything in my hunch or have I lost it? 

Have they thrown in an aftermarket wiring loom? Ironically enough, the loom itself is aftermarket but the sockets are all ISO and would probably still work with the OEM radio.

Worth a check.

6 hours ago, Skezza said:

Have they thrown in an aftermarket wiring loom? Ironically enough, the loom itself is aftermarket but the sockets are all ISO and would probably still work with the OEM radio.

Worth a check.

There was an aftermarket converter type thing when I pulled the old radio out, but this was plugged into the original loom plugs so I tossed it with the radio. 

Original loom doesn't seem to have been tampered with from what I can see, but then I'm a complete novice with electricals so could be wrong. 

I've managed to jump it and driven it round to charge up, gonna leave the radio disconnected and see what happens

Edit - the radio was in '2 safe' mode cause the seller didn't have the right code (and cause I'm a moron). Does 2 safe mode draw power?