2001 Lupo 1L E - Shakes about 55mph

Joe__

Hi all, I recently passed my driving test and my first car is a 2001 1L Lupo E, I've had it a little while and it was a bit of a banger when I bought it but I've had a lot of work done to it. So far I've had front wheel bearings replaced, all new tyres, new track rods (think that's what they're called), all wheels have been balanced, tracking has been done and I've had a new timing belt fitted. Anyway in a few weeks I'm planning a road trip with my girlfriend that's about a  3hr drive and its all on the motorway 😐 . I've noticed at about 55mph my car starts to shake pretty bad but it also gets progressively worse as I get faster (never been above 75ish mph) and just wondering if anyone has got any ideas as to what it could be so I can try to get it sorted before the big trip lol?

Try and pin down where it is. Generally if you can feel it thru the steering wheel it is front, if you cant it is back. If you can feel oscillation on braking as well could be duff tyre, bent wheel etc.

It could be nothing to do with wheels / tyres and might be the engine, so rev it in neutral to about 4000 rpm and see if it starts misbehaving. 

10 minutes ago, Rich said:

Get the girlfriend a boob job.

You'll enjoy the shaking.

the women in the office just clarified, boob job boobs don't actually bounce that much so natural boobs are better

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sausage said:

Try and pin down where it is. Generally if you can feel it thru the steering wheel it is front, if you cant it is back. If you can feel oscillation on braking as well could be duff tyre, bent wheel etc.

It could be nothing to do with wheels / tyres and might be the engine, so rev it in neutral to about 4000 rpm and see if it starts misbehaving. 

I'm 99% sure its not to do with the engine, I've hit 5000rpm before with no issues and aswell im pretty sure its in the front end. I'm gonna try changing the front  tyres with the back and see if that helps, if not then it'll be another trip to the garage.  

8 minutes ago, Joe__ said:

the women in the office just clarified, boob job boobs don't actually bounce that much so natural boobs are better

Get one with massive hooters then.

Switch wheels from front to back as well.