2005 Lupo GTI- Transmission Issue

Hello! 

I'm a new owner of a beautiful 2005 Lupo GTI, all the way from Canada...I've had the car for 3 months and it has now decided to crap out, which makes me really upset. 

It's really hard to find a 6-speed transmission here. Especially for a car that isn't even readily available. If anyone can direct me to a site or someone that is willing to ship one over that would be awesome!

Thanks

TJ

16 hours ago, mk2 said:

Welcome to CL :)

describe the problems...

The stick shift won't budge into first gear at all (doesn't matter how hard I press the clutch/even when the car is off, it won't go). When I attempt to put it into 2, all I hear is a wheezing sound and the shift will just pop out...so my only option is to start driving when it's on 3rd.

You could whip the tower out and look at the forks.

Alternatively fly me over and I'll rebuild yours.

We are visiting a trailer park though....

Once you're moving, can you get it to go into first, maybe just by matching revs to speed? It could be syncro but if would have given you symptoms before failing. Or could be bent or broken selector fork (unusual). Either way, you need to pull the box, split it apart and see what's going on.

Where's the clutch bite point? Floor, top or middle?

You have checked the stick shift gear selector system is ok?