Lupo GTI - Under bonnet fuse holder bracket

steve200

Anyone have any ideas if this part is still available to purchase. Sits on top of NS engine mount holding the main fuse.

The paint on mine is flaking off due to being rusty. If it’s difficult to get hold off I will start stripping back for a respray. 

Cheers 

C5AE7E9D-D9C1-4C9A-B7C7-C67A3B054E92.jpeg

Bigger than I thought it would be. 

Going to need to replace the bolts at the same time. Anyone have any ideas on where to get anodised or better quality bolts than the standard ones, I have lots of bolts and nuts which I want to replace now 😂

EE6C940E-ED74-4F04-ACB5-02F73D3109A4.jpeg

Edited by steve200
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

They're just standard metric bolts. Can't see the grade on the back, but I suspect 8.8? Ebay's your best bet. M8 by some 25mm length I'd guess. And washers and shouldered bolts.

I suspect they are not high tensile, most of the work being done here is gravity holding the gearbox mount in place -I would look for stainless replacements, but if you really want OEM...

Small tray bolts item 24 http://www.oemepc.com/vw/part_single/catalog/vw/markt/RDW/modell/LU/year/2005/drive_standart/441/hg_ug/915/subcategory/915000/part_id/3692158/lang/e#sec_24

and the other ones are shared with the gearbox mount here: http://www.oemepc.com/vw/part_single/catalog/vw/markt/RDW/modell/LU/year/2005/drive_standart/441/hg_ug/199/subcategory/199020/part_id/3682881/lang/e#sec_5

If they are still available, I bet there are not cheap.