Small question

Andrew91

You can thank me in the form of a like?

Stick around, it is fun and we all like lupos.

Handy for when the next thing goes wrong.

Not enough aht craic on here.

• Thanks 1

I was expecting a glovebox too but Alvaro will love the doorcards.

How is the aft engine?

Such a strange thing, like a rover and some archaic technology in modern times.

First of all , it is a 99 model with 146k km. I  only have it for 1 year in my possesion and from a mechanical stand point i had no problem whatsoever with it .Proved to be a reliable little car but in the same time i am only using it to go to work and back ( 20km daily) so i couldn t say how it handles long trips.

I would say thought that my fav part is the fact that it is so easy to work on and as we all know , fixing something yourself can be very satisfying. 

The only negative  , in todays world it is seriously underpowered( 50 bhp to begin with minus the ones that died along the way) compared to the cars around you so overtaking can be an adventure.

All in all i am super delighted with this little car so far.

Yeah, I was looking it up too... It's a relic left over from surplus production from Skoda, used in some dubs just as VAG took over. Reminds me like @Rich says of old rover engines. 3 main bearings and pushrods. Wow. That goes back to the 50's. 

On 7/4/2019 at 8:57 PM, danno said:

I was expecting a glovebox. 

Welcome along 🙂

On 7/4/2019 at 10:16 PM, Rich said:

I was expecting a glovebox too but Alvaro will love the doorcards.

How is the aft engine?

Such a strange thing, like a rover and some archaic technology in modern times.

First LHD Lupo's (1998+1999) didn't come with a glovebox either.

Blue doorcards are cool. Jazz Blue is best.

I like the way it says its an 'improved' version of a Skoda 1.3, how can reducing a 1.3 to a 1.0 be classed as an 'improvement'? OHV engine too! Wow, not seen that since my mates mk2 Fiesta 1.1!

A 2L V12 is better than a 2L 4 pot. When you down size cylinder capacity, you actually can get more power and higher efficiency. It's all to do with flame front velocity and fuel burn time. It's why you need ignition advance in an engine. To get more power, you generally need to up the revs. But if you keep the cylinder size the same, eventually you'll just run out of burn time and the mix will be burning in the exhaust. So reducing engine size can actually be an improvement! I'd love to get my hands on a 1.5L V8. It'd be a screamer! :)

I'm not sure about the 3 main bearings though. Must be a thick heavy crankshaft.