Anyone in Brighton with VCDS I could borrow for a pint...?

Something aint right, but didn't bring any gear with me. No power and cutting out. Me thinks relay 109, but I need to check before I go to halfords/argos and buy a torx t20 screwdriver...

Edited by mk2

Just rip out some speaker cables and bypass it.

As for the T20, amateur.

Go get a Mk5 golf torx screwdriver and stick it in the spare wheel.

Yeah, but i need to either get behind the fuse panel, or jam somthing into the fuse holder and then rig a wire through to somewhere in the engine bay, to provide a feed. I have wire - was on the road side... just need a bit of foil or a piece of tin can.

If it is the relay... 

Exciting times! A bit like one of those post apocalyptic movies where you need to keep the world turning with a rubber band :)

I will make it home!

• Like 1

Still on hols... didn't touch anything yet. Just back from a good hard run. All going 100% like a brand new car again. Now armed with a returnable Argos screwdriver bit thing for a tenner. 

I hate problems like this. I have a theory that it's heat related. It was over 35c when it kept cutting out, or seriously down on power. Almost certainly fuel starvation. Cause. Unknown. Could be cavitation in the fuel line? Boiling fuel? But I know the fuel pump is good. The tank strainer is ok, as is the filter. Intermittant relay contacts? Without diagnostics, tricky to be sure. Now 20c. No air bubbles in the fuel line.

Now armed with a piece of string, an elastic band and a twig, I can make it home. Or I will wait till it breaks. Easy to fix when it breaks.