Need to swap

Mini 256

There is no recommended engine... If you can get an engine to fit, then do it :)

I guess there's easy- use an existing Lupo model supplied engine, or difficult- go for something radical like a VR6.

Nope, box mounts differently.

But you might find a thread on here by mitch which goes against this.

Can't remember if he got it to work or not 

10 minutes ago, mk2 said:

Why not just bung a supercharger or turbo on it...? Easier. Then just remap.

On a 1.0???? You're taking the mick aren't you ....

We both know it's not just that easy, let's be honest. Where's the turbo manifold coming from mate?

In Uganda, everything is custom made from what I've heard. They've got some good practical skills. One of the reasons I thought easier than doing all the elctronics where there's not much experience.

I once got 170hp from a 1 four pot. Did rev quite high though. Still going from what I hear. Vortex supercharger. Bigger injectors. Home built inlet manifold. Emerald ECU. Off the shelf pipework and cooler. Mk4 air filter. Bigger exhaust.

I'm trying to think what ford are doing these days with their little ecotec stuff. They're getting good and reliable numbers from their tiny engines.... I still think that old Alfa engines were probably the best NA petrol lumps ever made. That mated to a R30 gearbox. Yes old skool but my god a lot of fun. Mid engine lovelyness. :)