New Arosa & already bent.

Starquids

Hi! Owner of a Imperial blue 1.0 Arosa, bought for my son learning to drive. Picked up in sunny Bradford, 3 miles later, a new 3008 smacked into the back. 🙄

Anyone know of a tailgate I can buy? No joy so far. 

Anyway, my son loves it. 

C1756D39-8B04-4696-9673-308FC2F33E64.jpeg

Someone on here was breaking a lupo (it'll fit) in Bedford up the road from you. You may have to have a search as it was a couple of months ago.

What a bummer. And on the way home from just buying it!

oh, and welcome to club lupo! :)

• Thanks 1

Removed rear bumper & lights/ trim. Removed tailgate after this photo. 

Had to massage the boot latch beam to align the replacement tailgate. Used masking tape between lights and took measurements of gap v tailgate. Only 1.5cm out!😳

Had to swap over latch mechanism, as wanted to keep lock barrel. After adjusting the connecting rod for length, boot now opens & closes. 

Unfortunately my son didn’t help due to a festival he was at. I’ll post finished picture when we receive the new lights. 

C99EBF7F-63D3-453D-8AE3-D23008769D7C.jpeg

Did you do it properly by taking out the roof lining? Major headache for such a simple job. Every vdub I know fails there. First the heated window stops working, then the wipers. Lastly the brake lamps.

Edited by mk2
  • Like 1

Looks great! Can't believe my son has just gone through a similar rear end shunt as yours - he'd had his car three weeks, rang me when it happened as he didn't have a clue what to do - lesson learned as a parent...

Excuse my ignorance...fly wrap?